Grand President Jean Wirths Scott, Pennsylvania Beta
Installation at California Theta
The chapter began as a local group, Pianta Su, and officially became a chapter of Pi Beta Phi on November 8, 1980. During the festivities, the Nevada Alpha Chapter provided Pi Beta Phi banners, the Contra Costa, California, Alumnae Club gave sewing kits to New Members and the California Beta Chapter made calligraphy copies of “The Arrow Song” for each new initiate to treasure.
Living at California Theta
The chapter house has six bedrooms, with 11 women living in the house. It was built in the early 1900s and was the fifth building built in the city of Davis, California, when it was established as a Southern Pacific Railroad depot in 1868. In order to help support larger, more formal gatherings, and to beautify the exterior, the house was remodeled in the early 1990s.
Panhellenic Groups on Campus
Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Phi, Chi Omega, Delta Delta Delta, Delta Gamma, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Kappa Gamma and Pi Beta Phi
The chapter's main philanthropy event is ArrowJam! It is the largest Greek philanthropy event of the year and allows each Panhellenic group to participate in an inter-Greek dance competition. The event is well-known and the surrounding community of Davis comes to watch every year.