Grand President Amy Burnham Onken,
Installation of Florida Gamma
A local group, Sigma Phi, was formed in 1920. The group officially became a chapter of Pi Beta Phi on April 28, 1929. The Initiation Ceremony took place at the Woman’s Club building in Winter Park. The installation banquet took place at the Dubsdread Country Club. The room was decorated to represent a lakeshore garden, featuring a miniature lake, palms, oaks, wild flowers and other native plants.
The chapter’s charter was relinquished in 1970.