Grand President Amy Burnham Onken,
Installation of Maryland Beta
The chapter was installed on June 17, 1944. Installation activities took place in the Dean of Women’s Lounge, located in the Old Library, one of the oldest buildings on campus. The installation banquet featured ferns and wine carnations, with a program tied with wine ribbon at each place. The new initiates received recognition pins, corsages of wine carnations and Pi Beta Phi songbooks.
The chapter’s charter was relinquished in 1991.
Carolyn Helman Lichtenberg Crest Award Winners from Maryland Beta
- Mary Rakow Tanner (2009)
- Major General Trudy Hartzell Clark (2003)