Grand President Amy Burnham Onken,
Installation at Michigan Gamma
A local group, Pi Phi Gamma, was formed in 1944. The group officially became a chapter of Pi Beta Phi on February 17, 1945. The Initiation Ceremony took place in the student parlors of the People’s Church in East Lansing. The installation banquet was held in the American Room of the Hotel Olds. Tables were decorated with arrangements of wine carnations, iris and blue candles, with programs designed by Michigan Beta Ruth Jernigan Runquist.