Grand Secretary Minnie Newby (Ricketts),
Installation at Minnesota Alpha
In 1889, Ava Sumbardo Harper, who would later become a charter member, met a Michigan woman wearing a small golden arrow. That meeting led to the establishment of a local group, the Secret Six. The chapter was installed May 30, 1890. Due to the effects of the Panic of 1873, the chapter’s charter was relinquished in 1896. The chapter was reinstalled on September 8, 1906. The Initiation Ceremony took place in the dining room of T.B. Walker Art Gallery. The installation banquet was held at Donaldson’s Tea Rooms, with tables arranged in the shape of the Greek letter Pi, decorated with azalea and ferns.
Carolyn Helman Lichtenberg Crest Award Winners from Minnesota Alpha