Installation of Nebraska Beta
The chapter was installed on November 17, 1887. The chapter was organized through the efforts of Nebraska Alphas Luella Vance (Phillips), Maud C. Harrison and Flora S. Bowman (McCloud) assisted by Nebraska Alpha Flora Blackburn (Lamson) and Lillie Selby (Moor), Iowa Zeta. The charter members were Leta Horlocker, Luella Vance (Phillips), Adeline Shedd, Freda Elizabeth Wahlquist (Zacharias).
The chapter faced immediate opposition and the chapter failed to prosper. Only five additional members were initiated. The charter was relinquished in 1888. The Nebraska Beta name was later given to the chapter at the University of Nebraska.