Grand President Amy Burnham Onken,
Play to Give and
Pie a Pi Phi
Installation at Ontario Beta
A local group, Upsilon Iota Sigma, was formed in 1920. The group officially became a chapter of Pi Beta Phi on October 29, 1934. The Initiation Ceremony took place in the chapter house. The installation banquet was held in the dining room of a hotel in London, Ontario. The first initiate was Jean Thompson Neville, the wife of the University Registrar.
Living at Ontario Beta
Ontario Beta’s original house was a century old home located at 293 Central Ave, in downtown London. Their house had three floors and a total of eight bedrooms, plus a New Member room. The Ontario Beta chapter lived in this house for a total of 80 years. There have been times in the past couple of years when alumnae have stopped by the house and shared their memories of living in the house decades ago. The chapter unfortunately no longer resides at 293 Central Ave. The house was sold in 2015. The chapter is currently looking for a replacement. An interesting item from the chapter house was a wooden chest that was used as a coffee table in the living room. Carved on top of the wooden chest are the Greek letters Pi Beta Phi.
Panhellenic Groups on Campus
Alpha Phi, Alpha Omicron Pi, Alpha Gamma Delta, Kappa Alpha Theta and Pi Beta Phi
For the past few years, the chapter has participated in Pi Beta Phi Foundation's Play to Give Fundraiser. As of September 2015, Ontario Beta annually hosts Pie a Pi Phi!