Grand President Alice Weber Mansfield (Johnson),
Installation at Oregon Delta
A local group, Chi Gamma, was formed in 1957. A petition was presented at the 1960 Hot Springs Convention and was approved. The group officially became a chapter of Pi Beta Phi on on December 4, 1960. The Initiation Ceremony was held in the home of Oregon Beta Lois Reeves Jordan. The installation banquet was held at the Benson Hotel. The centerpiece was a large golden arrow filled with wine carnations, with blue metallic angels marking each place.
The chapter’s charter was relinquished in 1980.