Installation at Washington Beta
The chapter began as a local society, Phi Alpha Epsilon. Members chose July 6, 1912 as the date for the installation as an official Pi Beta Phi chapter. Because summer school was in session, Pi Phi had to find some alumnae from across the country (not just the state) to be there for the installation. The chapter house had been closed for the summer and had to be readied for the guests and for the reception of the initiates.
The ceremony took place at the chapter house on Saturday evening. The chapter room had been converted into a beautiful initiation hall. The initiation ceremonies began at 7 p.m. There was not an installation banquet because the installation was held during the summer and few people were present. However, it was said that “the visiting Pi Phis found the absence of all social affairs a real gain, because during the delightful days spent in the chapter house they had a rare opportunity to come into close touch with the initiates."
Grand President Anna Lytle Tannahill (Brannon), Nebraska Beta, installed the chapter. The chapter’s charter was suspended in 2012. The chapter was reorganized on January 24, 2015.
Living at Washington Beta
Panhellenic Groups on Campus
Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Gamma Delta, Alpha Omicron Pi, Alpha Phi, Chi Omega, Delta Delta Delta, Delta Gamma, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Delta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Pi Beta Phi and Sigma Kappa
Grand Council Members from Washigton Beta
- Sarahjane “Sally” Paulson Vanasse