Grand President Amy Burnham Onken,
Installation at West Virginia Beta
The Phi Chi local sorority was founded during the school year, 1922-1923, when eight women were granted permission by Dr. James E. Allen, President of Davis and Elkins College, to form a new local sorority.
The chapter’s petition to become a Pi Beta Phi chapter was accepted at the 1950 Convention. The lovely, inspiring installation service took place on September 21, 1950 and was followed by a formal banquet for the alumnae, actives, patronesses, guests and representatives from other chapters at the Tygart Valley Country Club. The club was elaborately decorated with the Pi Phi theme. The floral arrangements artistically displayed the Fraternity's colors, wine and silver blue. As a background for the speakers' table there was a backdrop of wine silk centered with a large golden arrow.
The charter was relinquished in 1955.