The History of the Brazos Valley, Texas, Alumnae Club
From 1927–1929 this club was organized in the ranch home of R. H. Seale located on the Old San Antonio Road at Texas Highway 6 in Robertson County, Texas. Charter members of the club were Kathleen Clinton Seale, Zenobia Webb Myers, Mildred Ewing Armstrong, Nonie Mason Field, Margaret Boulware Campbell and Sara Allen Cofer. The club was organized primarily for the purpose of recommending outstanding local young women to Pi Phi chapters and, of course, for camaraderie. This remained the focus of the club until 1975 when sororities were established at Texas A&M University. Pi Phi was admitted to membership in College Station Panhellenic Association in 1985. The alumnae club had been active during the ten-year interval in raising funds to help support a new chapter. When Texas Eta colonized at Texas A&M University, club members of the club acted as “Big Sisters” to the charter members, served on the Chapter House Corporation and Alumnae Advisory Committee and celebrated Founders Day with the chapter.
The Brazos Valley, Texas, Alumnae Club's philanthropic efforts include a Christmas ornament sale (ornaments made by members) held in the home of a Pi Phi alumna and garage sales.